Begin a meaningful career right here
Data Engineer, Beauty Technology
You will play a key role in data architecture, modeling and programming. The role is co-located with the business to ensure deep knowledge of business problem, organization and work processes.
You will report to Head of Beauty Technology Division, Singapore. Working at the state-of- the-art Singapore Innovation Center, you will be part of the team which focuses on delivering breakthrough, transformational new technology platforms for the Beauty and Hair Care categories.
• Evaluate and compare different DL/ML algorithms for specific applications and related tasks in particular regard to the performance, training and suitability for large-scale deployment
•Lead the architecture, planning, design and implementation of large-scale AI solutions both in cloud and on premise
•Partner with IT and external partners to define data storage solution and access of high resolution of data. Scope includes acquiring, cleaning, formatting and structuring data to enable data analysis.
•Ensure analytic needs are understood and met by working closely with Data Scientists and R&D partners on analytic and project needs, as well as defining the problem to be solved. Ensure needed data is being captured in a usable format, accessible and available e.g. both short and long term storage and data access strategy.
•Take codes written by self/Data scientists and “web-enable” those codes by creating user friendly dash boards for use by product designers, product researchers & scientists.
• Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, IT, Statistics or a related field
• Strong background in computer science, mathematics, machine learning and programming, including R, Matlab and scripting languages like Perl or Python
• Database proficiency (demonstrated real world skills) with databases (relational, graph, NoSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, MS SQL Server), data modeling, and relevant programming tools such as SQL, Python, SPARK
• Image handling and querying expertise with imaging pipeline related skills e.g. experience with OpenCV, FFMPEG; experience with Docker and micro-services
• Working with Big Data technologies including Cloud Technologies (Amazon AWS, Azure, Google)
• Experienced on a data visualization software, e.g. Spotfire or JMP
• Comfortable in a Linux computing environment
• Experience with and staying current on modern data science tools e.g. Jupyter and software engineering practices e.g. Git, GitHub, Issue, Change and Requirements Management (Jira) and monitoring solutions (Zabbix, Cloudwatch)
• Able to operate and influence with sufficient independence to provide technical direction to project team.
• Understand proper data handling and security requirements based on latest company policy and local legal/regulatory requirements e.g. security classification, PII with proven experience delivering and securing high quality data.
• Partner with IT organization to develop logical data model and data architecture as well as translate any new project requirements downstream to enable scaling, cost optimized and supportable solutions for capabilities that are needed for ongoing business needs.
• Experience with hardware interfacing from different programming environment (Android, iOS, LabView, camera etc.) will be an advantage
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visithttp://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: