Develop creative strategies that helps brands succeed
Assistant Brand Manager - Philippines Market
As an Assistant Brand Manager at P&G, you will have full responsibility for your brand including the business results. You will have to engage with multi-disciplinary teams with people from Sales, Finance, Product Supply, Advertising, and Media Agencies to develop top strategies for your brand's success. You will lead a mix of Marketing and Brand Management projects enabling you to show the breadth and depth of your leadership. We are looking for people aren't afraid to take smart risks and innovate.
- Full Time
- Level: Recent Grad/Entry level
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Marketing Employee at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
The Assistant Brand Manager (Haircare Philippines) identifies business opportunities and works with the multi-functional team to build cohesive commercial plans by studying qualitative and quantitative data. You are expected to lead and collaborate with different subject matter experts to deliver end-to-end plans for Philippines via qualifying communication ideas, adjusting portfolio pricing, identifying shopping barriers, and summarizing if opportunities are profit accretive.
You and other Assistant Brand Managers (each handling a Haircare brand/category) will report to the Brand Manager for the Category (Haircare Philippines). You will work extensively with colleagues from Consumer Market Knowledge, Sales, Communications, Finance etc.
How success looks like.
After 1st month:
- Demonstrate initial understanding of the Brand, with basic hypothesis on Brand Concepts, consumer needs to be tested with consumers
- Demonstrate positive relationship building skills in initial engagements with multi-functional teams
- Understand current business scorecard, pricing and promotion strategy
After 1st quarter:
- Successfully qualified Brand Concept as part of Product Innovations Design (conducted consumer needs analysis, identifying concepts, claims and benefits that work)
- Demonstrate good progress and management of creative agencies in developing toolkits and communication ideas
- Built working pricing and promotion strategy in collaboration with multi-functional partners
After 1st year:
- Deliver Scorecard Business Targets for the Brand, in line with the goals of the Business Unit
- Deliver Category growth, market penetration and gaining of New Users via Products Innovation Design, particularly in Philippines
- Success Design and Deployment of Marketing Toolkits for the Brand
Responsibilities of the role
- Identify Philippines consumers’ needs and wants for P&G’s products, and provide inputs to R&D and technical team to design the right package and formula to win with local consumers
- Lead consumer researches to develop qualified brand concept, benefit and claims that addresses Filipino consumers’ unmet needs
- Communicate with Filipino local partners, stakeholders and suppliers to drive P&G business initiatives
- Lead creative agencies to develop communication ideas and execute TV copy production designed/customized for the cultural nuances of Japanese consumers
- Develop initiatives fit-for-use toolkits (including copy, prints, digital i-banners, social & eCommerce contents, sampling trial toolkits, in-store activation and demos, etc.), and deploy/guide Japan delivery team for execution
- Coordinate with R&D, Consumer Research teams to qualify the product and package through various tests.
- Craft promotion/pricing strategy and customer/distributor trade terms with the local trade team
- Work with technical team to find the best solution of supply chain to manage the product cost within affordable level
- Participate in firm planning to set target, supply to building blocks and co-deliver sufficiency for the next fiscal year
- A college degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s is fine, preferably with some business focus)
- Excellent forward-thinking, strategic and fearless leadership skills
- Strengths with strategic and analytical thinking
- An ability to drive innovation and brand growth
- Strong ability to communicate and team capabilities
- Proficiency in Filipino language and market knowledge of Philippines as the role requires local consumer understanding to develop brand equity and marketing strategies for Philippines Market
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Job Id: BRM00001290
Paid Time Off
Health and Wellness Programs
Stock Purchase Program
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: