Begin a meaningful career right here
Network Engineer - Information Technology
- Key functions include incident management, event management, and service management with a focus on service restoration, sustainability, and proactive service improvement.
- Provide 24x7x365 Network Operations support in a follow the sun NOC.
- Provide Second Level Network Incident Management in the NOC; with main focus on service restoration.
- Mentor junior engineers for technical and professional advancement.
- Participate and at times lead Crisis Team conference calls, able to identify required resources beyond telecommunications.
- Implement repeatable move, add, changes for LAN, WAN, Security, wireless, remote access, load balancing, and cloud connectivity.
- Functions as an escalation point for other NOC engineers for Incidents and Changes.
- Create support documentation and deliver training to NOC staff
- Employs production monitoring tools to ensure that all systems are running and available.
- Ensures effective communication to internal customers.
- Strong customer service skills. Good temperament, ability to manage stressful situations. Ability to provide customer-facing support in a professional manner.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office suite for effective collaboration and communications
- Strong analytical skills, able to leverage complex data to find opportunities, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to produce and present technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Team work; establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with those contacted during the course of the work day.
- Available to work a shift that includes a weekend day, including some holidays to support 24x7x365 coverage.
- Technical Competencies and Experience
- Certifications Preferred: Network +, CCNA, CCNP is a plus.
- 5 years of experience working with a TCP/IP network
- Advanced knowledge of Carrier Services – WAN Circuits, MPLS, VPNS, VRFs, DWDM, Frame Relay, Point to Point, OCx, DS3, E/T1s
- Advanced knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Viptela, F5 Networks, Aruba, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Zscaler, Sonus, and Avaya.
- Advanced knowledge of network load balancers and firewalls
- Experience with monitoring applications such as CA Spectrum, EMC Smarts, etc
- Expertise with the following operating systems; Cisco IOS/NXOS, Linux, Unix, Microsoft
- Familiarity with IT governance standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field, OR in lieu of a college at least 5+ year relevant experience
- Legal authorization to work in the applied country location is required. Procter and Gamble will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to work from a Procter and Gamble office location.
- Meaningful work from day one in a dynamic, diverse, multi-cultural and flexible working environment impacting future business results.
- Collaborative and multinational work environment.
- Excellent personal and professional development possibilities.
- 'Vibrant Living' offering on-site: Group exercises/ Sports-teams, Canteen, Agile workspace design, Flex-work arrangements possible, external vendor partnerships, etc.
- Equal Opportunities for everybody #WeSeeEqual #LikeAGirl #GABLE #P&G
- Information Technology (IT) uses information and business knowledge to craft innovative solutions that change the way P&G runs business.
- Do you want to belong to one of the most advanced global IT and shared Services organizations in the world, transforming every single day the way business is done through technology and innovation? Do you have passion for technology and desire to learn and grow continuously? A career in IT with us will build your ownership and influencing skills and will provide you a breadth of experiences across multiple businesses, and depth of expertise.
Just so you know:
- Apart from significant responsibilities from day 1, exceptional learning opportunities, and an inclusive and international working context, we also offer employees personalized flexibility designed to deliver business results and enable employees to grow their careers while meeting personal needs.
- At P&G, we don’t just offer a job, we offer a career with varying assignments and lots of development opportunities, so that we develop our leaders of tomorrow.
- Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor.
- We value flexibility and life balance and we have tools and policies ensuring our people feel part of an inclusive community.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: