Do you have a passion for drive growth with our business leaders across the globe, enable our people to perform at their peak every single day, nurture our culture through diversity and inclusion, mentorship, policy and stewardship, and more?
As a Human Resources Manager you will work closely with the PS Leardeship team and the Organizational HR managers from the different Business Unit, your role will be:
1. Support organization capability building and independently lead some
2. Lead and support organization culture building and execute
organization drumbeat with excellence.
3. Provide Human Resources fundamental support to serve the organization
e.g. include: talent system, policy guidance, Employee Relation case handling
4. HR data and operation management.
5. Human Resources to give service to the Product supply team in Panama.
Regional owner to lead projects on Talent and D&I for the plants in Latin-American
6. Talent management, talent reviews for Costa Rica and Panama
7. Capabilities building (leadership college)
8. Drive Ethics and compliance processes and programs
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Visit http://www.pg.com to know more. Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor. Qualifications
• At least 5 Years of experience in a similar role
• Bachelor and above educational degree.
• Advanced communications and writing skills of English.
• Essential to have comprehensive of Microsoft Office
•Experience in regional scope is a plus,
• Leadership skills, strategic thinking
• Availability to travel for
business within the Region.