Begin a meaningful career right here
Philippines Business Analyst
Be a part of a group of experts in P&G belonging to the Analytics & Insights (A&I) Department!
Overview of the job
Business Analysts (BA) provide the expertise and proficiency in data-based analytics about consumer, retailers and market understanding and insight. The core work is to identify & activate growth opportunities for our brands and deliver P&G business goals by using data and analytics to derive actionable consumer and business insights.
This role reports to the PH Analytics & Insights Leader, working with both Consumer Market Knowledge (CMK) and IT Analysts. Working in the A&I team in P&G, you will be embedded in the Country Sales & Marketing Organization working closely with the business teams to grow the P&G Philippines business.
How success looks like
- Ability to demonstrate, translate and communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions and business actionable insights
- Ability to query and analyze large amounts of data and to triangulate across data sources
- Ability to utilize statistical tools and programming to deliver analysis and analytical solutions
- Ability to develop models, based on deep-dive statistical analysis & modeling
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to work within diverse organizations and teams
Responsibilities of the role
- Embed data analytics & decisions into P&G's monthly business process, based on both external data (e.g. market share and household consumption and Point-of-Sales/POS Data) and internal data (e.g. sales data).
- Lead category/channel deep-dives (e.g. Baby Care/shave Care/Skin Care or HyperSuper/DrugPharma/ecommerce) to identify portfolio opportunities / business drivers opportunities to accelerate business.
- Lead forecasting on Market Size Estimates and Market Share Growth projections
- Improve Media/Trade effectiveness and enable media/trade cost saving by running analytics.
- Deliver Data science or innovation projects to solve existing business questions differently by IoT, automation, external data, etc.
- Our analytics is a combination of insight and foresight. Overall work would be a good mix of delivering today (30-40% time/capacity) and creating tomorrow (60-70% on innovation/data science projects).
- Bachelors or Masters degree level qualifications. Preferred disciplines include (but not limited to): Business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Physical Sciences
Preferred coursework/experience (not a must):
- At least 2+ years professional experience in Consumer Insight/Data Science & Analytics/Market Research
- Knowledge Areas: Statistics and its application to Attributive & Predictive Modeling; Machine Learning, Big data Mining and AI.
- Statistical Packages: Matlab, SPSS, SAS
- Programming / Database Languages: Python, R, SQL
- Visualization Tools: Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau
- Platforms: Knowledge / experience with Hadoop, SPARK, Knime
- Experience: Participated in Kaggle or any other data analytics competition
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: