Begin a meaningful career right here
Cloud Application Engineer – Information Technology
- Position, architect and support the implementation of AWS and/or Azure-based applications and solutions
- Understand application requirements and translate into corresponding hosting architecture and requirements
- Design and build public cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premise hosting solutions
- Lead IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis, utilizing infrastructure, network and application-level monitoring and logging capabilities
- Build new cloud-based database services environments for P&G cloud initiatives.
- Contribute to Cloud COE by defining and governing architectural standards/ principles/ guidelines for the technical design and implementation of database technologies in the cloud.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL (or equivalent) DBA technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud-based environment.
- Own operations and improvements for reliability, security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
- You have hands-on experience in architecting, designing, implementing, and supporting cloud-based applications and solutions, including cloud computing (compute, CI/CD, containers, storage, platforms, data, networking and security).
- You have experience with AWS and/or Azure environments, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and hybrid cloud.
- You are knowledgeable on common application design patterns (e.g. MVP, three-tier), middleware, database, and integration technologies (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, File Transfer, Messaging, API, etc.).
- You are knowledgeable in networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security, switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls is required.
- Mid to senior level SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL DBA or equivalent experience in a cloud environment (3-5 years of experience)
- Mid to senior level Cloud based NoSQL Database or equivalent experience in a cloud environment (3-5 years of experience)
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of at least one major public cloud, preferring certifications at the architect or developer level.
- Experience working in a data center environment, with hybrid cloud environment a plus
- Monitoring and alerting tools, both cloud-native, third-party and custom (CMP).
- ITIL foundations knowledge or IT operations background
- You have excellent verbal and oral communication skills (English) with both technical and non-technical colleagues from geographically distributed teams on all organizational levels.
- Problem-solving attitude (blameless post-mortems).
- You are results-oriented with a good ability to prioritize and deliver results.
- Self-starter, helping to guide direction of team vs. just execution
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: