Begin a meaningful career right here
Experienced Brand Communications Manager (m/f)
Do you have a strong interest in media, current affairs and the beauty & grooming industry? Are you an experienced and passionate communications manager?
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced professional to join Brand Communications at P&G for our Shave Care business in the UK. Based in our UK headquarters in Brooklands, Weybridge, you will support the Gillette and Venus brands to drive brand reputation and engagement via influencers, media and digital touchpoints.
The key element of the role is the integration of PR / Communications and digital / social media & influencer management with media planning responsibilities to maximize the full potential of the communications mix and reach our consumers where they are in relevant and engaging ways. This hybrid role includes traditional PR responsibilities such as narrative and content development, influencer relations and issue management, as well as community management across social channels, social listening, and digital content & media strategy.
- Educated to minimum bachelors degree level (Communications, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent degree preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience in Brand Communications, within the FMCG or Beauty Care sector, specifically:
- Experience in digital / social Communications incl. working with online media and influencers
- A solid understanding of SEO, organic and paid search and digital media buying (hands-on professional experience in this field is a plus)
- Expertise in traditional PR incl. press office, media and influencer relations, as well as issues & crisis management
Requirements of the Role
Superior communication: This role requires exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills with an excellent command of English. A second (European) language could be beneficial.
Strong leadership skills and a high level of proactivity: You will be the voice and face of Gillette and Venus UK to the external world, with your functional management not being co-located with you therefore we require a high degree of independence and self-sufficiency in your functional expertise.
In touch externally: You will need to be able to identify external opportunities and work with a diverse mix of influencers relevant to the business.
Strong analytical skills: You will need to measure, analyse and report the results of your Communications activations on an ongoing level, draw key conclusions and recommend changes in order to continuously improve your plans. You will also be required to deep-dive into media planning and buying, manoeuvring complex media plans and adapting them as you go to maximize efficiency
Agility, operational discipline and priority setting: You will be working on a number of projects simultaneously. Working under pressure is common in this role so you should feel comfortable change/flexing to meet the demands of this exciting role.
What we Offer You:
- Responsibility from Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning, with real projects and responsibilities to lead
- Recognized cutting edge communication skills – we give you the opportunity to test your communications knowledge and management abilities in real-life situations across world-class brands
- Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, flexible working, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits. Regular salary revisions and possible promotions - all in line with your results, performance and potential. To find more information about our benefits package take a look here: https://www.pgcareers.com/benefits
Good to Know
P&G is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We have one of the strongest portfolio’s of loved and trusted brands such as Braun®, Fairy®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Aussie®, Oral-B®, and Pampers®.
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers
At P&G #weseeequal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?”
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: