Begin a meaningful career right here
Design Function - Design Intent Manager
The Design Delivery Manager partners with Design on new package design development to enable design intent realization, ensure technical fit-for-use and print feasibility, leads design intent implementation and ensures quality execution at shelf. This role requires a fundamental understanding of design, brand identity and design standards/guidelines, combined with a deep understanding of standard industry pre-press & printing knowledge, materials & substrates, and artwork file construction/ requirements. Strong, proven leadership, communication, collaboration, influencing, and project management skills required.
- Graphic/2D package design execution expert on multifunctional [internal & external] initiative teams, utilizing deep understanding of supply chain fit-for-use requirements, pre-press & printing, and print feasibility to ensure design intent realization. Responsible for executing with excellence.
- Partners with pre-press & printers and global Design Delivery resources to assess print feasibility of design concepts, identify alternate solutions, plan & attend print trials, confirm final design intent print feasibility, ensure visual consistency delivered at shelf, and resolve quality issues
- Plans and manages design execution work and critical path schedule, owns elevating issues, with implications, to key business partners, at-the-right-time, to enable informed decision-making and effective resolution, and drive on-time/on-quality artwork file delivery
- Manages projects within a graphics lifecycle management tool.
- Delivers DDS Core Packaging Work, utilizing Best-In-Class processes, technology, tools.
- Independently and collaboratively brings innovative ideas/search & reapply learning that drive continual improvements in quality, productivity and efficiency.
- Proactively explores both cost savings and cost avoidance opportunities. Reports results on a quarterly/annual basis.
- Builds capability & mastery in self and community, and actively drives organization/company process transformation efforts
- 4-year degree in Design-related field with minimum of 2 years Design Production & Print experience (Design Firm, Printer, Production House preferred)
- Deep understanding of pre-press and printing industry standards, print production, print processes and press capabilities, inks, materials/substrates, specialty inks/finishes, proofing, and pint trials. Experience with color theory and color management. Understanding of spectral color data & digital proofing. Munsell Test score of ‘Average Discrimination’ minimum, ‘Superior Discrimination’ preferred.
- In depth understanding of the E2E packaging process [from design development through production], supply chain capabilities fit for use considerations and requirements, and how/where production/execution engages throughout process to ensure/enable print feasibility and design intent delivery.
- Solid understanding of design, the design creative process, brand equity, design assets, brand identity systems, production guidelines, and the importance of visual consistency – in design intent & print quality.
- Able to demonstrate leadership and strong collaboration skills with multifunctional teams and outside suppliers, and be comfortable engaging with all management levels.
- Strong business communication skills – verbal and written. Ability to effectively communicate and present information. Excellent English verbal and written required.
- Strong project and time management skills, experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and assess current state and recommend systemic improvements. Proactively identify issues, implications, and provide potential solutions.
Please kindly input your name in both Chinese characters and Pinyin when you fill in the form. Thank you!
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: