Begin a meaningful career right here
Associate Legal Manager - Global e-Business Brand Protection (m/f)
Are you passionate about playing a vital role in helping to build the Company's business while protecting its assets? Do you love challenges and would like to provide advice on a breadth of legal topics to the business?
Global Brand Protection is the function which protects our business from counterfeit products. There is a regional brand protection manager in each key P&G region supported by a global Centre of Excellence from other key disciplines such as forensics, intelligence and pack development. As a team, we work to combat a global issue which is costing our business in the region of $1-2billion each year.
In this role, you will become the Single Point of Contact responsible for leading and promoting anti-counterfeiting work online globally and working with Brand Protection Legal Counsels and Managers throughout the world to ensure our 3 key brand protection strategies are implemented online and intelligence online will be deployed in the offline environment to shut down counterfeiters from manufacture to supply:
- Attacking and frustrating the counterfeiters supply chain
- Making our products more difficult to copy or counterfeits easier to detect
- Enabling third parties
Your normal place of work will initially be the Greater London Innovation Centre in Egham but is expected to move to the Greater London Innovation Centre in Reading. There will also be some travel required in this role.
What will my key responsibilities be?
- Working with our business colleagues to assess the scale of the counterfeit threats online, including organising, arranging and reporting on test purchase programmes
- Assisting in educating and updating our business leaders in relation to online threat and counterfeit issues.
- Locating, recruiting, managing and training third party investigators and vendors to assist with our online work, ensuring our standard contract is in place and our company policies are followed
- Managing and providing oversight on all directed investigative efforts online to ensure the quality, validity, and appropriate scope of the investigation, and then accurately tracking cases and reporting results
- Obtaining required information internally to assist with questions raised by external vendors, platforms, government or law enforcement
- Developing effective relationships with customs and law enforcement and report all results and intelligence on a regular basis within Brand Protection databases/systems
- Meticulously planning and managing the online global Brand Protection budget, ensuring that financial responsibility is practiced and demonstrated in line with expectations and within purchasing guidelines.
- Providing analysis and information on trends we are seeing online to assist in deploying the most effective and efficient programme
- You will also be required to fully understand and uniformly apply the Brand Protection standards and practices contained within the Brand Protection SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- 3-5 years’ experience of Brand Protection and Brand Fraud and enforcement in the online environment. A legal or law enforcement background is also preferred but not required.
- A high degree of leadership competence with the ability to build effective internal and external networks and collaborate effectively across all aspects of the Brand Protection program. Openness and honesty are paramount, as is the ability to influence both internal and external resources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, as you will need to be able to clearly present expectations, guidance, and training to all components of the multi-functional team, present an effective & compelling case to management and verbally influence others. You must have the ability to clearly articulate the counterfeit problem and the need for investment of resources and funding to accomplish the mission.
- The ability to be a dynamic problem solver in evaluating opportunities, making decisions, analysing situations, recognizing patterns, and implementing appropriate and effective Brand Protection risk mitigation strategies is essential.
- Demonstrated detail-oriented approach to all aspects of your work and the ability to maintain consistent awareness of/compliance to policy & procedure, etc., and an unquestioned integrity
- You must be flexible and adaptable to both immediate and long-term changes demanded in the role and consistently in touch with the business to be effective.
- The ability to demonstrate ownership of your budget and return on investment for Global Brand Protection objectives through exhibiting a quality thinking & management approach.
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have full ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous coaching. You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Benefits. You will receive a competitive salary as well as other great benefits including pension & share schemes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, colour, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: