Explore the innovative systems and processes behind our products
Manufacturing / Engineering Internship – Summer 2019
Do you want to transform materials for winning consumer experiences? Then an Internship as a Manufacturing/Engineering Intern in one of our plants might be the right place for you to gain this experience. In our Manufacturing department, we produce consumer goods to supply our customers with high-quality product, on-time, and at a low cost. You will help us innovate to ensure the development and use of the most advanced technologies. We value your creativity and skill in analyzing and solving problems.
- Full Time
- Level: Intern
- Travel: Yes (occasional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Manufacturing Intern at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Do you want to transform materials for winning consumer experiences?
Then an Internship as Manufacturing/Engineering Intern in one of our plants might be the right place for you to gain this experience!
In our Manufacturing department, we produce consumer goods to supply the market in conformity with the expectations of our customers in terms of quality, time and at the lowest cost. In an increasingly innovative environment to ensure our leading position, our fully automated plants are constantly renewed so that we ensure the development and use of most advanced technologies. We will value your creativity and your ability to analyze and solve problems.
Your Role as an Intern in Manufacturing/Engineering:
In this internship role, you will have the opportunity to be on the floor to meet different challenges, make decisions and see quickly the results. You will discover P&G's technologies who are worldly recognized. You will also discover the P&G's standards and methods. In the end you will build your own capabilities through the job experience, mentoring and training.
You are likely to be placed in one of the following functions:
Production - Packing
- Make studies on performance loss (on equipment, skills, organization)
- Identify one or more key projects to achieve the performance targets of the packing line
- Establish methods for solving technical problems
- Systematize tools for maintenance and implement production management tools
- Work on the installation and start up of new equipment
- Make the study and analysis of performance loss (equipment, organization, skills)
- Ensure the communication between different departments (logistics, packing, projects etc.)
- Create learning programs for operators and team leader to help them to develop their skills
- Establish systematization tools, simplify process and standardize work
- Develop the quality indicators and audits
- Support the production (especially on equipment validation, process etc.)
- Investigate " non-standard " and establish an action plan
- Participate in workshops within a multifunctional team
- Environmental Management Site (destruction of products, waste management ...)
- Conducting a study on the consumption of energy and water at the site and propose practical and sustainable solutions for improving and reducing energy consumption across our processes
This function packs our product in its final packaging, set up in palets. Three priorities for packing departments: Safety, Quality, Productivity. The heart of the engineering profession in packing is the constant improvement of the production lines in order to increase its effectiveness (reducing timing of changeover, decrease downtime etc.)
Your missions will be to:
This is the department that mixes our products, from recipes sent by R & D. Priority for making is to produce in large quantities and with flexibility, a product according to the original recipe, to deliver the packing lines in time . The top priority of the making teams is the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process to eliminate any loss in different stages (formula change time reduction, decrease downtime, operator training on chemical process, development of maintenance plans...).
In this department, you will:
The Quality department handles the quality assurance of our products, that is to say all the systems that ensure that we produce a consistent quality in line with consumer expectations and in accordance with local laws and P&G rules. It validates all the formulas and equipment prior to production, and is also responsible for the study of “non-standards” to improve our processes and training of the entire plant to quality principles.
You will ensure that the quality of the products is optimal. For this, you will:
Health Safety & Environment
This team handles the environmental issues of the site, including working on our waste, destruction of defective products, water management and energy ...
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities
- Continuous coaching & mentoring – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core; we value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance
We are looking for Students:
- Currently studying towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering disciplines
- Saudi/GCC Nationals
- Work well with Microsoft Office (Particularly Excel)
- Technical excellence & rigor in executing defined plans
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Capacity to analyze situations and find solutions. And ability to innovate and reapply successes
- Fluency in English.
Just so you know:
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: “Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak”.
About Procter & Gamble:
Procter & Gamble is one of the largest FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company in the world with strong brands like Pampers, Ariel, Always, Gillette and Oral B just to name a few. We have been in existence for over 180 years globally and over 60 years in Arabian Peninsula. For more information about P&G the company and our brands please visit www.pg.com and our career website at pgcareers.com
Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job Id: MFG00006020
Health and Wellness Programs
Internship Support Network
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR:
- Facility&Utility Systems Intern Boryspil Borispil, Ukraine
- Stage / Alternance Gestion projets / Innovations sur site (m/f) Blois, France
- Internship at Strategic Supplier Management (m/f/d) Darmstadt, Germany
- Managerial Traineeship in Pampers Plant Warsaw, Poland