Begin a meaningful career right here
Mold/Die Shop Technician
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for people who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, machinist are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a machinist, you will load, inspect, and run tooling and programs to a high complexity.
We do various types of work, including set-up and operation of multiple Mazak CNC vertical milling machines & Mazak Mill/Turns, using GD&T blueprints, 3D solid models, and/or written and graphical information supplied from a CAD/CAM system. Load, inspect, and run tooling and programs to a high complexity (+/- .0005”). Perform in-process inspection and document results. Follow systems processes for job tracking and recording. Expected to support the daily activities of the Group Leader in delivering daily results.
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Known for providing a safe work environment
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job?
- 5+ years of CNC machinist background preferred.
- Knowledge of machine shop practices, elementary mechanics, machining methods, cutting qualities of materials, proper speeds and feeds.
- Experience with machining steels of various grades and hardness.
- Ability to work to +/-.0005.
- Ability to read, understand, and program in G-Code format. Mazatrol, Fanuc, and Seimens background preferred.
- Ability to use a computer, to work from complicated models & drawings and/or verbal communication in the assembly of components. NX, Solidworks, Cimatron, and Esprit.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office.
- Produce the highest quality products on time and at the lowest attainable cost by utilizing standardized tools, creation of standards and building capability
- Working from CAD/CAM files, engineering drawings, sketches and or verbal instructions to perform highly diversified CNC operations to specifications
- Building and editing semi-complex programs using CAD/CAM systems and machine controllers
- Assisting in training workforce in proper setup and use of equipment/systems
- Correcting any inadequacies in prints, materials and route sheets
- Maintaining I-Quality standards related to work procedures and tool/machine maintenance
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Enter confined spaces
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
The Boston Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
To find out more information about the Boston Location, please visit the below link! https://boston.pglocations.com/
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you are:
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
Preferred work experience or certifications:
- Knowledge of machine shop practices
- Ability to use measuring equipment: Outside Micrometers, Inside Micrometers, Depth Micrometers, Telescoping Gages, Vernier, Drop Indicators, Test Indicators, Multiple size Sine Plates. Trigonometry to set up the sine plates, Gage Blocks, Pin Gages, Tool Makers Mic, Cadillac Gage (Height Gage)
Just so you know:
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: